Tuesday, April 7, 2015

5A - The best and worst places where I visited for travelling in Seoul (Evaluating writing)

Have you ever been to Insa-dong or Myeong-dong for travelling?

Here are the two totally different places where I visited and almost every tourist goes for travelling. I want to evaluate two visiting places for potential foreign tourists coming to Korea.


The BEST: Insa-dong

Here you can experience Korean traditional culture easily. Along the way, many stores are selling traditional goods like the photo below.



Even though I am Korean, I don’t have many chances to experience the tradition easily. Whenever I go there, there are some cultural events like the video or many artists are playing their performances.



The WORST: Myeong-dong

I sometimes feel I am in another country when I go to Myeong-dong. I can see Japanese and Chinese much more than Koreans. Every announcement from all the stores like UNIQLO and ETUDE is spoken in Japanese and Chinese. I don't think this is bad. Actually it is a good phenomenon for Korea to have lots of foreign tourists from other countries.


But as I think this is too crowd for me, I don't want to go there again.
Look at these pictures of Myeong-dong on Christmas. It makes me feel terrible when I am stuck in the crowd. And there we can only do shopping not other activities can be expected because it is filled with countless cosmetic shops and clothing shops.


3 comments:

  1. As I'm Korean, I am quite familiar with how to get to places like Myeongdong and Insadong. But, your explnataions would be really helpful to foreign tourists. I can see why you like Insa dong and hate Myeongdong. I don't enjoy being in crowded places either, so I totally agree with you, and Insadong is full of cultural and historic places. There are many great traditional cafes in Insadong. I want to visit there again some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Myeong - dong is really crowded and I have been there in Christmas eve. However, I had really good time with my friend eventhough there are lots of people. I think that many couples visit there for just looking : ) I love In-sa dong because I can see many old stuff but I think that it is usually for tourists not for local Koreans maybe for Koreans It would be better to visit Jeon Ju ~ or the other places

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't agree with you more, opinion of Myeong dong. Myeong dong is always crowded of chinese and many people recently. I can't go ahead in Myeong dong and it's really noisy. I don't like crowded place, so I don't go Myeong dong frequently. However Insadong is not that crowded in your post. I'll visit Insadong after midterm exam!

    ReplyDelete